About Us – Aims & Objectives
Wild Futures’ aims:
- To promote the welfare and conservation of primates.
- To end the trade in primates for any purpose and the abuse of primates in captivity.
- To conserve and restore natural habitats in the UK and abroad through funding, education and sustainable practices.
- To provide a home for life to primates in need of rescue and rehabilitation.
- To deliver far-reaching environmental education and awareness campaigns, whilst offering expert advice to specialist forums.
- To lobby central and local government and work with partner organisations and the wider public in spearheading the campaign to end the trade in primates as pets in the UK.
- To maintain wildlife habitats at our project sites in the UK in order to protect native endangered species whilst applying sustainable environmental management policies.
- To provide funding, advice and exchange programmes to aid primate welfare and the preservation of primate habitats abroad.
- To operate a sanctuary for ex-pet and unwanted monkeys in need of rehabilitation that provides an exceptional level of care and employs innovative and responsive management techniques which take into account individual needs and species-specific requirements.
Key to our success:
- Nearly 50 years of experience – leaders in our field.
- Dedicated staff are committed to Wild Futures’ vision, ensuring that we continue to meet the highest of standards in all areas.
- Expertise enables us to advise at government level on primate welfare and conservation issues.