Job Title: Shop Assistant
Salary & hours: This position is paid at minimum wage on a seasonal contract which will run from August until 3rd November 2013, 2 days a week, with some additional hours. If suitable, the successful candidate may also be considered for winter work with the shop manager on outside events or helping the shop manager with the busy online shop orders during the Christmas season 2013.
Location: The Monkey Sanctuary (near Looe, Cornwall)
Responsible to: Director of Wild Futures Trading
Responsible for: N/a
Overview: Wild Futures Trading Ltd is the trading company of the leading primate welfare charity Wild Futures. The aim of Wild Futures Trading is to produce profit for the charity enabling it to further its charitable aims of primate and habitat protection.
Job Summary: The trading company requires a shop assistant to work alongside the present shop manager onsite at the Monkey Sanctuary, and to cover times when the manager is engaged in outside events/ other work. If successful this position may also lead to winter work on the online shop, or at outside events.
The present contract offered is a seasonal part-time role working in an exciting eco-friendly shop raising money for an established animal welfare charity.
Previous experience is desirable, but training can be supplied.
- To be polite, friendly and helpful, always offering the highest in customer care and service whilst in the shop.
- To handle sales of shop goods using the till and card machine
- To cash-up the till and credit card machine at the end of each day.
- To serve hot and cold drinks from the ‘teas kitchen’
- To keep the shop tidy and neat both during the day and at the end of the day.
- To keep the teas kitchen clean, tidy and to Health and Hygiene standards.
- To be a ‘point of call’ for enquiries concerning the Monkey Sanctuary, with special reference to the Adoptions scheme
- To communicate messages to and from the front admission desk, offices and café via two-way radios (successful applicants will be trained to use radios)
- To work with the shop manager on displays, sales and shop appearance
- To work with the shop manager on internet sales when needed.
- To work with the rest of the Wild Futures/ Monkey Sanctuary team
- In the absence of the shop manager, to take charge of the gift shop and online sales, enquiries etc.
- To be flexible in working hours.
Please contact Gemma Lawrence on 01503 262 532 or firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.