Keeper For a Day: Two People
- In Stock
- Product Code: Keeper_For_a_Day_Two_People
Run once a day on Mondays and Saturdays, April - October (excluding school holidays).
Booking is available after purchase.
There will be no hands-on contact with any of the monkeys at any time.
Please note: face masks and P.P.E is mandatory.
Our Keeper for a Day experience provides a once in a lifetime opportunity to gain a unique insight into the day-to-day life of our carers.
All the money we raise through this scheme goes to support our charity’s work, so your day as a primate carer will be making a difference to primates and habitats worldwide too!
During the open season at The Monkey Sanctuary, we run experiences for those who have always wanted to know what it is like to be a primate carer. Working closely with experienced members of the Primate Welfare Team, participants gain a behind-the-scenes insight into their roles and become involved in important aspects of the monkeys’ lives.
‘Start the day by meeting one of the sanctuary's primate care staff for a talk before mucking in to clean out the monkey enclosures! Then spend the rest of the day meeting our rescued monkeys and listening to all of their incredible stories, as well as helping to forage for edible wild leaves for them to eat and making them some fun enrichment to enjoy! ‘
Included in the Keeper for a Day experience is:
A day’s one-to-one supervision and training by experienced members of the Primate Welfare Team.
A light, vegan lunch
A certificate of your day
A gift to take home
Friends of Wild Futures membership for one year
· Available Mondays and Saturdays only from April-October (excluding all school holidays). Unfortunately, experiences are not available for anyone under 18 years of age. There will be no hands-on contact with any of the monkeys at any time.
· If you are buying this as a gift for someone, please provide their name and address in the checkout process otherwise the Welcome Pack will be put into the name of the payer.
· All dates are subject to availability. Only one experience can be run per day and the dates fill up quickly so it is advised that you book well in advance to avoid disappointment!
· It is recommended you wear clothes and footwear suitable for working in an outdoor environment! The wearing of face masks is mandatory on all experiences.
This unique opportunity to be a primate keeper for a day is only £160 per person or £250 for two people.
When making your booking please indicate if order is a gift and include the gift recipients details in the comments box, otherwise the Welcome Pack will be made in the name provided. An information pack will then be sent to your preferred delivery address.
For any further information then please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments from previous Keeper for a Day participants:
“We both had a thoroughly enjoyable day and loved all of it. It is a beautiful place and it shows everyone cares enormously about the welfare of each and every monkey. Thank you so much for giving us a day never to be forgotten. We shall definitely re-visit next year.”
“The whole experience was enjoyable and all the staff were really enthusiastic in their work.”
“It will stay with me forever!”
Please Note: As a 'hands on' experience, you will be required to work alongside the trained primate welfare team in any weather conditions. The work does require some physical exertion. Please ask for advice if you have any medical condition or disability that you are concerned may affect your ability to enjoy the experience to the full. We will make every effort to adapt the experience to your needs. There is no direct contact with the monkeys at any point during the day. For insurance purposes, the scheme is only open to those aged 18 and over.